American Campaign Medal
This medal is awarded for service within the American theater between 7 Dec 41 and 2 Mar 46, under any of the following conditions:
1. Permanent assignment outside the CONUS
2. Permanent assignment as aircrew members of airplanes making frequent flights over ocean waters for a period of 30 consecutive days or 60 days nonconsecutive
3. Outside the CONUS in a passenger status or on temporary duty (TDY) for 30 consecutive days or 60 days nonconsecutive
4. In active combat against the enemy, if personnel were awarded a combat decoration or furnished a certificate by the unit's commander stating that they actually participated in combat; or
5. Served within the CONUS for an aggregate period of 1 year. Personnel who were assigned or attached to and present for duty with a unit that was accorded battle credit for the Antisubmarine Campaign are entitled to wear a bronze service star.
The medal is 1 ¼ inches in diameter, bearing in front an offshore scene depicting a cruiser, an airplane, and a sinking submarine underneath the inscription "American Campaign." The ribbon is predominantly medium blue, striped white, black, red, and white from right to left, and left to right within each edge. In the center are three stripes of red, white, and blue. The blue stripe is worn to the wearer's right. Authorized Device: Service Star.
Item is usually shipped in 3-7 business days.
PriorService.com 2002-2004. All Rights Reserved. email@example.com Call us toll free at 877.241.8611